The staff of the AFUMC Weekday Preschool supports the mission of the program in a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment that promotes spiritual, social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of children. Individuals seeking a position must demonstrate knowledge of the developmental needs of children ages birth to 5 as well as enthusiasm, dedication, empathy, and sensitivity.
Assistant Teacher Requirements
- High school diploma. Some college preferred.
- Verifiable experience working with children birth to eight-years of age in childcare settings, public, or private schools, church setting, etc.
- Ability to work well with others in the school (Weekday Preschool Director, other Lead and Assistant Teachers, Church staff and Parents).
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, teacher planning days, and evaluation meetings.
- Complete a minimum of ten DHR (Department of Human Resources) hours per year (April 1 – March 31).
- Complete Safe Sanctuaries training.
- This part-time position reports to the Director of the AFUMC Weekday Preschool and requires work between the hours of 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM during the months of August through May.
Assistant Teacher Responsibilities
- Know, follow, and implement all preschool policies and procedures.
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of age-appropriate curriculum for assigned class.
- Support the implementation of the daily schedule as provided by the lead teacher.
- Maintain an engaging, orderly, and clean classroom environment.
- Work together as a team with the lead teacher.
- Assume temporary responsibilities of teacher in the absence of the teacher.
Kay Elder, Director of Weekday Preschool | | 706-543-1442