Encounter | Sunday nights | 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Our Sunday night youth program is for students in grades 7-12. Youth will meet in grade-level small groups to fellowship, discuss the message, and share in joys and concerns.
As approved by the Health & Welfare Task Force and Church Council, students and leaders can meet in small groups, outside, with proper safety precautions (PLEASE see the full “COVID-19 Guidelines” below for specifics). This means we will meet in grade-level groups at host sites around Athens and Oconee on Sunday evenings from 5:00-6:00 p.m.! Below is the list of Host Sites for September 27.
- Grade 7 Host Site
Angel & Stan Jackson – 110 Marshall Dr. Watkinsville, GA 30677
- Grade 8 Host Site
Sara & Mike Cook – 1091 Harrowford Rd North Statham, GA 30666
- Grade 9 Host Site
Therese & Jay Hodges – 229 Westview Dr. Athens, GA 30606
- Grade 10 Host Site
Suzanne & Paul Kilgore – 130 Fortson Cir. Athens, GA 30606
- Grade 11 Host Site
Edie & Ed Lowe – 1130 Knob Creek Athens, GA 30606
- Grade 12 Host Site
Shannon & Stein Jacobsen – 1121 Creek Farm Run Bogart, GA 30622
Please make sure your students understand and agree to the following guidelines before attending Encounter!
- Small groups will be limited to 15 persons or less.
- Groups will only meet outdoors (weather permitting). (see Rain Plans below)
- All persons must observe social distancing; at least six feet between each person.
- Everyone attending must wear a mask.
- Participants will need to bring a personal chair or towel to sit on.
- No food at these group gatherings, participants may bring their own personal water bottle if needed.
- Hand sanitizer and First Aid materials will be available.
- Students are not allowed to attend if they tested positive for COVID-19 or have shown any COVID symptoms in the past 14 days
- Students are not allowed to attend if they have been in contact with or exposed to someone else who has tested positive or is showing symptoms for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
- Please notify the Youth Directors immediately if student is showing signs or symptoms of sickness or is being tested for COVID-19. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT AN EVENT IF THEY ARE AWAITING TEST RESULTS.
- Please notify the Youth Directors immediately if student may have been exposed to someone who has tested positive or shows symptoms of COVID-19.
In case of rain, Encounter small groups will be held on Zoom. Youth leadership will be checking the weather each week for inclement weather. We will make the decision to switch to Zoom by 2:00 p.m. each Sunday. Youth families should look for this announcement to be shared via texting service and email.