Spiritual Life Retreat (SLR) is open to all students in grades 7-12! SLR begins on Friday evening, March 2, and ends on Sunday afternoon, March 4. Spiritual Life Retreats bring in youth and adult leaders from all over the North Georgia Conference of the United Methodist Church each year. The theme of this year's Spiritual Life Retreat at Camp Glisson is “I Am Third - It's necessary, if we are to follow Christ, that we have a heart of service. Jesus taught those closest to him to serve one another; he declared that he came, not to be served, but to serve others. In living that example as our teacher, we also must serve if we are to be like him.”
We are capping this retreat experience at 36 total students, so the earlier you register, the better!
Friday through Sunday, March 2-4, 2018.
Check-in will be at 5:15 p.m. on Friday, March 2, in the Youth Area at Athens First United Methodist Church.
- Health Form: Each school year, we are required to have an updated health form on file for each student. The 2017-2018 health form is linked below. Each youth attending will need one of these filled out in order to participate in this retreat. We should already have a health form on file if your student participated in the Confirmation retreat, Harvest Retreat, or Christmas Lock-In. If you have not already filled out this school year's health form, please turn in a completed copy at the SLR check-in station.
2017-2018 Health Form
- Permission and Covenant: Each student will need to sign the Spiritual Life Retreat Permission and Covenant, linked below, in order to participate in the retreat. Please turn in this completed youth covenant at our church check-in station.
SLR Permission and Covenant
Registration for Spiritual Life Retreat takes place January 24-February 14. Please be respectful of this registration deadline on our end to help us best prepare for the retreat. The cost for SLR is $150 per student, and this cost covers transportation, four meals, lodging for two nights, all program costs, and a t-shirt for each participating student. You can pay this entire fee either online when you register or via check or cash during check-in. The $50 fee during registration will hold your place for the retreat!
- Comfortable clothes – March weather can be warm or cold, sunny or rainy!
- Coat or jacket
- Rain gear
- Extra pair of shoes in case you get wet
- Shower shoes
- Personal toiletries
- Bible, journal or notebook, pen
- Linens for twin mattress (sheets, sleeping bag, towels)
- Money for dinner on road Friday and a snack/lunch on the road Sunday
- Money for the Glisson store
- A good attitude and an open heart
Have questions or need more info?
Contact Josh ( ) or Laney ( ) for information about SLR; contact Kayla ( ) for help with registration or the health form.