Samaritan's Purse, through Operation Christmas Child, brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations worldwide through simple, gift-filled shoe boxes and evangelistic materials that tell the Good News of God’s love. Our hope and prayer is that the power of these simple gifts will help us share the greatest one: Jesus Christ.
We are so grateful to be a part of this wonderful ministry during Christmas time each year. Visit the Samaritan's Purse webpage for all the information you need in preparation to give across the globe this Christmas!
- Shoe Box - Use an empty shoe box (standard size), a small plastic container, or an Operation Christmas Child shoe box. You can wrap the box (lid separately) if it is not an Operation Christmas Child box, but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
- Boy or Girl - Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Use the appropriate boy/girl label. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
- Fill With Gifts - Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child (see Gift Suggestions below or online).
- Include $7 Donation - Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online, or you can use the donation envelope in the “how to” brochure. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
- Drop Off - Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop off at the specified location in AFUMC!
- School Supplies: pens, pencils, and sharpeners, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Toys: small cars, balls, dolls stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), Slinky, etc.
- Hygiene Items: toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
- Other: T-shirts, socks, ball caps, sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself and your family. (If you include your name and address, the child may write back.)
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans
Betsy Butler |
Mary Claire Wills |