We are pleased to provide on-site nursery care for AFUMC groups and organizations. Whether your group has an ongoing or a one-time need for nursery care, we will do our best to assist and accommodate you in making childcare arrangements for infants and preschoolers. In order for the nursery to function properly and most importantly, to ensure the safety of our children at all times, we ask that you review and abide by the Nursery policies outlined.
Sunday Nursery Care
Sunday mornings from 8:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m.
Sunday evenings from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Weekday Nursery Care
Wednesday evenings from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Nursery care will gladly be provided for bible studies and choir activities as long as we have a two week notice.
- Church groups that need childcare for meetings or other programs should please try to schedule events when childcare is already provided.
- Nursery is only provided for AFUMC groups.
- Nursery is not provided for church groups meeting outside the church.
- Individuals should not leave the premises with children left in childcare.
- Childcare is not guaranteed until approved.
Factors limiting approval: Availability of preschool rooms, childcare workers time, and budget.
- A maximum number of children per 2 nursery workers depend on the age of the children, but for the safety of our children there can be no more that 6 children per nursery worker.
- If a requested nursery reservation is no longer required, groups must notify the Nursery Coordinator preferably one day prior to the scheduled nursery time.
- At least one week in advance, groups should provide the Nursery Coordinator an estimate of the expected number of children who will be in the nursery during the time of the request.
- Please note when planning a large function, childcare reservation will need to be included in the program information.
- Please note that the church guarantees a minimum of two hours pay for each childcare worker who reports to work, regardless of whether or not there are any children in attendance.
- Evening nursery childcare may be requested between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Childcare will not be provided after 9:00pm.
- Groups meeting over 4 hours will need to provide a meal for workers and children and a group contact to shepherd the nursery.
- Groups requesting childcare will need to sign off on Safe Sanctuary policy.
All childcare requests must go through the Children's Ministry Assistant. Should you have any questions regarding nursery policies or procedures, please direct them to Children's Ministry Assistant.
Contact: Jennifer Golden, Assistant Director of Children's Ministry | | 706-543-1442