Our church welcomes you no matter who you are, where you come from, or why you are here. We are Christ's people, and this is Christ's place with its doors open wide. If you are passing through, Godspeed; if you are looking for a church family, remain with us; if you need instruction, learn from us as we learn from you. We invite visitors to join us, but most of all, to return often.
What to Expect
Attending one of our Sunday morning worship services is the best way to learn more about Athens First. We have worship services at 8:30, 9:45 and 11:00 each Sunday morning. The information below will help you with your first visit.
- We have three church lots available for parking on Sunday mornings, as well as nearby public parking options. The main parking lot, which is adjacent to the church building, is reserved for handicap and special needs parking on Sunday mornings. For those who are not handicapped or do not have special needs, ample parking remains in the following places: the two church lots located across from the church on Hancock Street, the Athens First Bank and Trust parking lot on Hancock Street, the street parking spaces around our church, and the Washington Street Parking Deck. If you park in the Athens First Bank and Trust parking lot, please be careful not to block the ATM lane. All parking is free of charge on Sundays.
- As you enter the building, friendly greeters welcome you at the door and are ready to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.
- If you have children and youth, please check out their pages for Sunday morning options.
Nursery & Preschool | Elementary | Youth
- As you enter the sanctuary, ushers will greet you and direct you to a seat.
Sermons | Live Webcast
- We encourage all of our guests to join us for a time of fellowship in Hancock Hall each Sunday morning beginning at 9:30. It is an informal time to drop in, grab a bite to eat or a cup of coffee, and get to know other members of this family of faith. We hope to see you there!