In the effort to love one another, it’s important to highlight the remarkable and challenging role of caregivers. They give care, and they need care, too. We want to let you know about a national group called the Caregiver Action Network that exists to promote resourcefulness and respect for the more than 90 million family caregivers across the countrry. This group seeks to offer practical help, support, and information, and by adding this resource to your toolbox It could help reduce caregiver stress. Enjoy a glimpse of what’s on this site.
- Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression and don't delay getting professional help when you need it.
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it's up to date and easy to find.
- Make sure legal documents are in order.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!
Learn more | caregiveraction.org or nfcacares.org
Martha Aenchbacher | | 678-230-9708